Today I want to talk about clarity in terms of your overall messaging.
Lack of Connection
- know what this person is about
- want to connect with them deeper
- want to actually follow them more and hear what they have to say.
- can learn from them
- would like to invest with them or work with them”
If you are not clear, then there’s no connection that can be made because you are not showing up in a way that your audience can actually understand. It’s like you’re saying word, but they’re just not going in. You have to make sure that you are clear.
Your Distinct Voice
The other thing that happens if you are not clear is that you lose your voice. Having a distinct voice is really important. I’ve talked about this multiple times. You want to #stopascroll, which basically means that when they see a post, they know that it’s from you because your brand voice is so distinct! I have an IGTV about stopping a scroll, if you want to learn more about that because it’s a super important concept that I’m very passionate about.
You want to make sure that you have that distinct voice. Along those lines, if you are not clear you are actually not creating a standout brand; you are not creating a brand in general. Clarity and consistency are key. If you’re clear, and you’re consistent about that, it’s going to give people
- something to recognize, grab onto and
- a clue of who you really are and what you are doing
- insight on how that is going to impact their lives
- information on how you can support them in solving a problem that they are really struggling with